Will we get WandaVision Season 2? Read on to find out!
The English TV miniseries WandaVision, made by Jac Schaeffer for the Disney+ network, features Wanda Maximoff/Scarlet Witch and Vision. The concept of the series has been extracted from Marvel Comics.
The introductory season of Phase Four of the MCU has just begun. Although there was criticism of the series ending, critics applauded the series for its tributes to classic satires and the performance of the cast, especially those of Elizabeth, Paul, and Kathyrn. Because it examined sadness and nostalgia, it was widely studied and examined by fans using a variety of well-known ideas, and a lot of theories regarding its future were made.
WandaVision Season 2 Synopsis – What Has Happened In The Series So Far?
Three weeks have passed since the events of Avengers: Endgame (2019), and in the community of Westview, New Jersey, Wanda Maximoff and Vision are attempting to conceal their true identities while living a happy suburban life. The pair becomes increasingly suspicious that something is amiss as their surroundings start to shift between decades and they come across several television clichés.
Wanda Maximoff has invented a world in which Vision is still alive and they are a happy couple. Within family sitcoms, the first two episodes focus on their daily lives and illustrate how content she is. A S.W.O.R.D agent infiltrates Wanda’s hex before she resets their reality in the first two episodes, which are largely forgettable and include few references to the outside world.
Wanda gets pregnant, and the reality show adopts a 1970s aesthetic as a result. Before we realise that Geraldine is Monica Rambeau, she enters the illusory universe and becomes friends with Wanda. Rambeau supports Geraldine in giving birth to Wanda’s children prior to addressing Wanda about what truly happened in the reality, notably Ultron killing her brother Pietro. Wanda yells at her and kicks her out of her imaginary world.
WandaVision Season 2 Release Date – When Will Wanda Be Back On Our Screens?
A second season of the show would seem “quite complete,” according to Schaeffer, who stated in January 2021 that she was unable to discuss any prospective preparations for it. WandaVision Season 2 is not “at all” in the works, according to Shakman, who added that it would only be produced if a particular narrative warranted it.
While stating that there were no plans for WandaVision Season 2, Feige did not completely rule it out. It was stated in 2021 that a “dark comedy” spin-off series is in making, with Schaeffer and Hahn both returning to their roles as writers and executive producers. Agatha Harkness’s portrayer, Hahn, would return again on the screen.
Hahn’s involvement was a component of a bigger contract she signed with Marvel Studios to reprise the character in upcoming movies and television shows. A month after that, Marvel Studios made the series official. It will air in late 2023 as Agatha: Coven of Chaos.
WandaVision Season 2 Cast – Will There Be New Marvel Characters Joining The Show?
For fans, the majority, if not all, of the main characters from Season 1 will return in the forthcoming season. Although there aren’t any details just yet, there could be new cast members. We can guarantee that the following characters will appear in WandaVision Season 2 if it is ever made.
- Wanda Maximoff, or the Scarlet Witch, is played by Elizabeth Olsen. She is an Avenger with the ability to use chaos magic, telepathy, telekinesis, and change reality. While introducing the “Scarlet Witch” monicker to the Marvel Cinematic Universe, Olsen claimed that the series more closely aligns the character with the comic book version by showing her mental illness (MCU).
- An ex-Avenger who was in the movie Avengers: Infinity War, Vision was played by Paul Bettany and was an android made using J.A.R.V.I.S. and Ultron’s artificial intelligence along with Mind Stone (2018). The portion of the Mind Stone that lives inside of Bettany, who is the essence of her despair, hope, and love, gives her the ability to depict a fresh version of the figure that Maximoff created within her reality.
- Agatha Harkness is played by Kathryn Hahn in the drama as a witch who poses as “Agnes,” Maximoff, and Vision’s “nosy neighbor.” Agatha and Maximoff’s connection was linked by Hahn to that of Antonio Salieri and Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart.
- Debra Jo Rupp portrays Sharon Davis, an inhabitant of Westview and Todd’s spouse, who plays “Mrs. Hart” in the made-up WandaVisios series.
- The imaginary WandaVision sitcom features Fred Melamed as Todd Davis, an inhabitant of Westview and the groom of Sharon, who portrays “Arthur Hart,” Vision’s superior.
WandaVision Season 2 Plot – What Could Be The Plotline For The Upcoming Season?
During the last moment of the third episode, Wanda is blessed with twins Billy and Tommy, prompting speculation about whether or not they might grow up to be Young Avengers characters Wiccan and Speed. They vanish, much like their father, when Wanda gives up control of Westview.
However, as Wanda is shown studying The Book of the Damned in a post-credits sequence, she overhears a voice calling out to her. The voices uncannily resemble her kids. Could they possibly still exist in an alternate reality? This could be a major plotline for WandaVision Season 2.
Spoiler Alert: They do play a major role in the movie called Doctor Strange in The multiverse of Madness, and the plot of this movie is quite literally a continuation of the last episode of the WandaVision series.
WandaVision Season 2 Trailer – Has It Been Released?
Since we have already stated that WandaVision Season 2 will not be produced, a trailer being dropped for the same is impossible. However, we have linked down the trailer for the previous season so that you can dive into the Marvel Universe all over again!
You can find all the episodes of WandaVision on Disney+ Hotstar.