It seems like we have a confirmed date for the premiere of Star Trek: Picard Season 3! Read on to find out.
The English tv drama Star Trek: Picard was developed by Akiva Goldsman, Michael Chabon, Kirsten Beyer, and Alex Kurtzman that aired on CBS All Access.
It debuted in 2020 as the eighth Star Trek series as a part of Kurtzman’s extended Star Trek Universe. Each season of the show, which stars retired Starfleet Admiral Jean-Luc Picard, focuses on a particular element of the character and discusses challenges that arise in the latter years of a person’s life.
Star Trek: Picard Season 3 Synopsis – How Has The Plot Unfolded So Far?
The story of the program is established in 2399, 20 years after Jean-Luc Picard’s conclusive arrival in Star Trek: Nemesis (2002), and finds the character still reeling from Data’s passing and the annihilation of the planet Romulus in Star Trek.
When the apparent daughter of Data, one of the numerous new synthetic creatures or “synths,” visits Picard when he is retired from Starfleet and living in his family’s vineyard, he is propelled into a brand-new adventure.
The first-season conclusion has Picard defending their right to exist and giving his life to preserve them. Then, a synthetic body receives his awareness. When Picard’s old foe Q confronts them in the final trial during the second season in 2401, he and his crew are living new lives.
They have to go back in time to the 21st century to save the galaxy since Q has imprisoned them in an alternative world. Picard meets up with the previous USS Enterprise crew in Star Trek: Picard Season 3.
Star Trek: Picard Season 3 Release Date – Will The Series Be Released Next Year?
It has been officially announced by the creators that Star Trek: Picard Season 3 will debut on February 16, 2023.
The production and filming of Star Trek: Picard Season 3 happened at the same time as season 2 was being filmed. The sequel named Star Trek: Picard debuted in March 2022, almost after 2 years after the first season. The last season will be directed by Terry Matalas and Jonathan Frakes.
The protagonist Jean-Luc Picard reconciles with the USS Enterprise’s prior squad in the upcoming season. With Terry Matalas acting as the showrunner, the season is made by CBS Studios in union with Secret Hideout, Weed Road Pictures, and Roddenberry Entertainment.
Star Trek: Picard Season 3 Cast – Are There New Actors On Board For The Sequel?
All the actors from the previous seasons will be seen along with some new additions in Star Trek: Picard Season 3. Till now we have the following names:-
- Jean-Luc Picard is portrayed by Patrick Stewart, a former Starfleet admiral who oversaw the USS Enterprise. When the Federation decided not to assist the Romulans when their world was destroyed, Picard resigned from Starfleet in protest. He is given a terminal diagnosis in the first season because the creators wanted to talk about relatable concerns individuals experience as they approach the end of their life. He passes away after the season. When Picard’s mind is transferred to a synthetic body, both fans and detractors debated whether the synthetic version of Picard was still the same person.
- Agnes Jurati, played by Alison Pill, is a former Starfleet physician and synthetic life specialist who joins Picard’s mission.
- Isa Briones portrays the twin androids Dahj and Soji Asha, who was developed as Data’s daughters and have biological bodies. Along with portraying Kore Soong, the daughter of Dr. Adam Soong in 2024, Briones even plays Sutra, a robot.
- Narek, a Romulan agent dispatched to woo and spy on Soji Asha, is played by Harry Treadaway.
- Rafaella “Raffi” Musiker, a former Starfleet first officer who battles addiction, is portrayed by Michelle Hurd.
- The pilot of the La Sirena and former Starfleet officer Cristobal “Chris” Rios is played by Santiago Cabrera. The emergency holograms on board the La Sirena are likewise portrayed by Cabrera.
- Evan Evagora plays Elnor, a Romulan exile who was raised by the Qowat Milat, a group of all-female warrior nuns after Picard abandoned him as a child.
- Jeri Ryan plays Seven of Nine, a retired USS Voyager team associate who joined the Fenris Rangers, a vigilante squad.
- Orla Brady plays Laris, Picard’s Romulan cleaner who falls in love with him. Similar to Gary Seven from Star Trek: The Original Series, Brady likewise plays Tallinn, a Supervisor.
- Brent Spiner plays Data, a former android lieutenant commander under Captain Picard. Spiner also plays Altan Inigo Soong, Data’s hidden human sibling, and Dr. Adam Soong, Data’s progenitor, in the year 2024.
- As Geordi La Forge, LeVar Burton
- As Worf, Michael Dorn
- William Riker is played by Jonathan Frakes.
- Beverly Crusher is played by Gates McFadden.
- Deanna Troi played by Marina Sirtis
Star Trek: Picard Season 3 Plot – How Will The Story Progress?
What can happen in Star Trek: Picard Season 3? Let’s look at the past seasons, shall we?
Data’s passing in Star Trek: Nemesis and Romulus’ destruction in Star Trek: The Next Generation were two events that were really leftovers from earlier Star Trek movies that were covered in the first season of Star Trek: Picard. Due to two synthetic twins who are linked to his old buddy Data, the synths are under a ban, and Picard is compelled to assist them.
This leads us back to where we left off with Picard, who is now sailing the La Sirena with a new, improvised crew in search of whatever fresh adventure lies ahead. Beginning the second season, Picard and a few of his former Star Trek: The Next Generation series friends—including Seven of Nine played by Jerri Ryan, and Raffi Musiker played by Michelle Hurd—are transferred to the year 2024.
The Confederation of Earth, a xenophobic version of Starfleet that seeks to exterminate all aliens, has been founded in the timeline, and Picard and his crew must figure out what the omnipotent Q has done to change it.
He may be seen digging through his Star Trek: The Next Generation memorabilia in the first season three teaser, and later, he and his former coworker Riker can be seen standing next to each other and aiming phasers at an unidentified target. More returning characters, including Data’s Brent Spinner and Geordi La Forge’s Levar Burton, are promised in Star Trek: Picard Season 3, according to the trailer.
The USS Titan, captained by Captain William T. Riker, is a new ship that is only hinted at the official season 3 trailer. In addition, we witness Dr. Crusher firing a gun at disguised foes and a Federation structure exploding.
All of the queries and curiosities can only be satisfied when Star Trek: Season 3 gets released!
Star Trek: Picard Season 3 Trailer – Is The Trailer Out Yet?
The trailer for Star Trek: Picard Season 3 is not out yet but the creators have released a sneak peak for the upcoming season. It has been linked down below for your convenience.