Curious about the release date of SWAT Season 7? Read on to find out!
The 1975 T.V. sequel with an identical title, developed by Robert Hamner and Rick Husky, and the 2003 movie with a similar name, supervised by Clark Johnson, administered as an inspiration for the American procedural action drama series S.W.A.T.
The new show was created by Aaron Rahsaan Thomas and Shawn Ryan, aired on CBS on November 2, 2017, and is made by Original Film, CBS Studios, and Sony Pictures Television. The show received a sixth season renewal in April 2022, and it debuted on October 7, 2022. The programme shares an alternate reality with Ryan’s other creation, the FX crime thriller The Shield.
SWAT Season 7 Synopsis – What Has Happened In The Show So Far?
This TV show is an example of the crime drama subgenre. It is based on a 1975 piece of the same name. Daniel Harrelson, playing the lead role of Hondo, was born and raised in Los Angeles. He is chosen to lead a S.W.A.T squad in the LAPD following a major event.
Hondo, a lifetime resident of Los Angeles and former Marine, has been chosen to head a new “final stop” Special Weapons and Tactics section of the LAPD. Hondo makes it feasible to deal with issues while still being devoted to his coworkers and everyday people. Hondo has a strong sense of loyalty to his “brothers in blue,” as well as to the people they serve because he is black and was born and raised in Los Angeles.
This makes him especially well-suited to guide the group and provide a link between the police and the community. He manages criminals and hazardous tasks with ease because he is a true professional. He also acts as a sort of liaison between the Department and the general public.
In addition to catching criminals and political machinations, the series also emphasises interpersonal interactions. The S.W.A.T. routine narrative is pretty fascinating. As a result, the show is noteworthy for its representation of actual conflicts between the African-American community and the police.
Let’s see what SWAT season 7 has in store for us! Shall we?
SWAT Season 7 Release Date – Is SWAT series over?
The release of SWAT season 7 has not been formally confirmed. The series is yet to be formally renewed, and there is a potential that the show may get the green signal soon. SWAT season 6 debuted in 2022, and if all goes as planned, the next sequel should come out the following year.
SWAT. season 1 debuted in 2017. The fact that the programme has already had six seasons published throughout that time indicates that it will continue to do so in the coming years. It became very popular among the masses and has accumulated a devoted fan following.
The shooting may take place in 2023 if the authorities choose to take the same course of action. Although it would be impulsive to anticipate the series’ future since nothing has been declared by the concerned creators. But it seems the series is in it for the long run and would have season 7 renewed soon.
Want to figure out the cast of SWAT Season 7? Scroll through!
SWAT Season 7 Cast – Will New Characters Be Introduced?
The majority, if not all, of the notable characters from SWAT’s prior seasons, will return for the audience. Although there are currently no details, there could be additional cast members. We hope that the following characters will appear in SWAT Season 7 if it is ever made.
- Shemar Moore serving as Sergeant II. In a clear effort to defuse tensions between the community and the LAPD following the shooting of an unarmed black teenager by his former team leader, Daniel “Hondo” Harrelson Jr., an inhabitant of Los Angeles, was elevated to team leader.
- Stephanie Sigman played Captain Jessica Cortez, who was Hondo’s sweetheart before becoming his ex-lover and the head of the LAPD Metropolitan Division. Despite some opposition from the rank and file, she is an honourable administrator with ambitions to strengthen the bond between the LAPD and the people of Los Angeles. She leaves the LAPD to go undercover and accepts a job offer from the FBI in the season two finale. By the beginning of the third season, she appeared to have accepted the position permanently, and it was verified that the actress had left the programme.
- As Sergeant II David “Deacon” Kay, played by Jay Harrington, is a ten-year S.W.A.T. team veteran who was passed up for advancement in favour of Hondo in the wake of the Raymont Harris shooting. Despite accepting the decision with grace, he later confesses to Hondo that he was disappointed to have been passed up but that he had come to terms with it after witnessing Hondo’s leadership abilities.
- James “Jim” Street, a fresh intern from the Long Beach Police Department, is represented by Alex Russell as Officer III. He has the call sign 26-David. Former S.W.A.T Team Leader Buck Spivey arrested Karen, his mother after she killed Street’s father, the abusive man she had been having an affair with. Due to his impulsivity and having neglected his responsibilities to care for his mother, he initially struggles to fit in with the unit and was finally fired from SWAT.
- Amy Farrington plays Lieutenant Investigator Piper Lynch, a veteran LAPD Hollywood Division detective chosen by the mayor to serve as a tactical advisor to Hondo’s team.
- Nichelle Carmichael, played by Rochelle Aytes, has been Hondo’s childhood love interest. She works at the neighbourhood community centre. She is expecting the couple’s first child as of the fifth season’s conclusion.
There are chances that new characters may get introduced in SWAT Season 7.
SWAT Season 7 Trailer – Is It Out Already?
Regarding the fate of the SWAT season 7 renewal, there have been no recent updates. Although the programme has a good enough probability of continuing, we believe that it will be renewed.
In fact, SWAT Season 6 is presently showing, so if you missed it, this post is for you. Watch the S.W.A.T. Season 6 trailer to learn all there is to know about the show.
Is SWAT Worth Watching?
The show will likely continue to be produced in the upcoming years given that six seasons have already been released in the past years. The general public found it to be incredibly appealing, and it has a devoted fan base. So let’s hope we get SWAT Season 7 soon!
The review accumulation website Rotten Tomatoes expressed that SWAT Season 1 had a 48% acceptance rating with an intermediate score of 4.59/10 founded on 27 assessments. According to the website’s critical consensus, “S.W.A.T. remains a simplistic procedural filled with clichés, despite a commanding, engaging performance by Shemar Moore.”
Based on 12 reviews, the weighted average review site Metacritic gave the movie a score of 45 out of 100, classifying the reviews as “mixed or mediocre.” With the aid of 25k reviews, the series has an overall IMDb rating of 7.1/10.
Where To Watch SWAT Season 7?
You can find the series on various streaming platforms like Hulu, Amazon prime, Netflix and CBS. All the episodes from the previous seasons are available there for watching. Most probably SWAT Season 7 will also arrive at these platforms.